In the historic heart of Berlin, between the Brandenburg Gate and Alexanderplatz, a unique center for art, culture, science and education with international appeal is being built: the Humboldt Forum. By bringing together outstanding collections and a diverse program of exhibitions, events, educational and digital offerings, the venue will inspire new insights into the world of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
From 2018 to summer 2021, REIER designed, manufactured, delivered and installed approximately 300 freestanding display cases, wall display cases, table display cases and specialty display cases for the numerous exhibitions at the Humboldt Forum, including a 20 m x 8 m x 9 m (L x W x H) large steel structure housing a viewable storage area with 28 built-in display cases and an overhanging display case.
Equipment features and special characteristics:
– extra-white laminated float glass
– opening technology: hinged doors, sliding doors, lifting technology
– backpainted glass panels
– passive partial air-conditioning
– lighting by means of LED spots and magnetic rails, table bracket lamps
– high-quality surfaces
– display cases prepared for multimedia use (monitors,touch displays)
– exclusive use of BEMMA-tested materials
– air exchange rate of 1/10 day