In the historic heart of Berlin, between the Brandenburg Gate and Alexanderplatz,
a unique center for art, culture, science and education with international appeal is being built: the Humboldt Forum. By bringing together outstanding collections and a diverse program of exhibitions, events, educational and digital offerings, the venue will inspire new insights into the world of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
From 2018 to summer 2021, REIER designed, manufactured, delivered and installed approximately 300 freestanding display cases, wall display cases and table display cases, specialty display cases, 250 plinths, as well as numerous backlit floor graphics, wall claddings, recessed elements, ceiling elements and wave structures.
Equipment features and special characteristics:
- extra-white laminated float glass, partially with anti-reflective coating
- opening technology: hinged doors (partially 180° opening), sliding doors, gas struts, lifting technology
- active and passive partial air-conditioning
- lighting by means of LED spots and magnetic rails
- high-quality surfaces such as concrete, veneer, chipped metal, gold leaf, special powder coating in a glaze process
- display cases prepared for multimedia use (monitors, projection screens, touch displays)
- exclusive use of BEMMA-tested materials
- air exchange rate of 1/10 day