PROJECT DETAILS

GRASSI Museum - From Antiquity to Historism
Leipzig

 

In 1874, the GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts was founded under the name of "Kunstgewerbemuseum" (The Arts and Crafts Museum of Leipzig). Today, it is the second oldest museum of applied arts in Germany. From 2001 to 2005, the museum was extensively renovated and modernised and in December 2007, the new permanent exhibition "From Antiquity to Historism" opened its doors to the public.

For this exhibition, REIER delivered more than 200 display cases of different types and dimensions, equipped with covert swinging door fittings as well as integrated climate and lighting system.

Client

GRASSI Museum of Applied Arts

Year of completion

2008

Services

planning, manufacturing, installation

Design

Heinz-Jürgen Böhme, Leipzig
Detlef Lieffertz, Leipzig

Picture [n] of [m]